Many people opt for skin bleaching after vacation travelling or after summer. As it provides instant glow and shine to the face. Several skin bleaches are available in the market, but the debate on safety and procedures of skin bleaching never ceases. For that, natural bleach is a healthy alternative for those looking to get rid of tanned skin.
Defining Skin Bleaching
Skin bleaching covers dark pigmentation and lightens the skin. The scars, dark spots, hyperpigmentation and blemishes can also be bleached. The process involves bleaching creams, soaps and even pills.
How Does it Work?
The presence of melanin determines your skin colour. Melanocytes present in the body produce melanin. The proportion of melanocytes, however, differs among individuals. Those with dark skin tone will have more melanin than the ones with other skin types. So, using skin bleaching comes as a rescue. It helps reduce the melanin production and lighten the skin colour.
Benefits of Skin Bleaching
Skin bleach has several benefits. Products brought from stores usually have hydrogen peroxide that helps lighten your skin. This main component of bleach also has some side effects. These include peeling of the skin, blistering and skin burning.
Another main component of skin bleaching is sodium hypochlorite whose interaction with skin is quite complicated. If you use small quantities, it may be harmless. But using too much of that can cause skin irritation, burning sensation and swelling.
That’s why many people opt for natural bleach for their skin. They come with fewer side effects. And the fact that these are natural products, they don’t harm your skin.
Some Other Benefits are-
Applying bleach to your skin exfoliates the outer layer and provides uniformly bright skin.
Reduces Dark Spots
Dark spots appear on your skin due to pollution, hormones, chemicals, etc. Using a good skin bleach helps you get rid of dark or age spots.
Hide Facial Hair
Facial bleach is still used to hide facial hair. As opposed to waxing and other hair removal methods, facial bleach is a pain-free method to hide facial hair.
Get Rid of Acne Scars
Acne goes but their scars are left on our skin. Applying facial bleach removes the dirt and sebum from the pores and lightens the marks.
Some of our areas are highly pigmented, such as underarms. Using bleach consisting of lactic acid lightens the skin and evens out its colour. Lactic acid has exfoliating properties that help get rid of the top layer and provide more even skin.
Methods to Prepare Natural Bleach
Honey and Lemon Essential Oil
It’s a simple recipe to prepare natural bleach at home. Lemon consists of ascorbic acid that lightens up the skin and has exfoliating properties.
- Three drops of lemon essential oil or one tablespoon of lemon juice
- One tablespoon of honey
- Take a bowl, squeeze lemon in it and add honey to it.
- Use it on your face and leave for 30 minutes.
- Rinse your face with cold water.
Prepare a Natural Bleach Using Potato
Potatoes come with mild bleaching properties and people have been using them for ages. It reduces hyperpigmentation and normalises skin tone. Potatoes also consist of vitamins that help treat acne.
- Two potatoes
- One drop of lavender essential oil
- Clean potatoes with water and peel them.
- Cut potatoes and grind them.
- Squeeze juice in a bowl and add some lavender oil drops.
- Apply this mixture for 20 minutes.
- Rinse your face using normal water.
Use Papaya or Pineapple
Both papaya and pineapple have skin-bleaching properties. These consist of ingredients like papain and bromelain that are responsible for bleaching properties. These ingredients are considered a good exfoliator and block the tyrosine enzyme (responsible for melanin production).
Take one slice of papaya or pineapple.
- Apply pineapple or papaya pulp to your skin.
- Leave it until it dries out.
- Rinse your face using normal water.
- Repeat the process.
Precautions Before Applying Natural Bleach
- Do not apply bleach on the injured part, as it aggravates and may cause infection.
- Bleaching can make your skin sensitive. So before applying bleach to your skin, avoid applying some harsh cleansers.
- Natural bleach may also consist of some ingredients that may irritate. Consider doing a patch test.
- While applying, give extra attention to your sensitive areas like eyes, nose and genitals.
Precautions After Applying Natural Bleach
- Try to keep yourself away from the UV rays and sunlight.
- Apply sunscreen if you choose to go outside.
- Once you are done with the bleach application, let your skin rest and repeat the process after 4 weeks.
Now you understand all about natural bleach. If you want a trusted professional for bleaching services at home, contact CuDel – a professional home beauty salon. Here you get different beauty services at your comfort, including bleaching, waxing, haircut, nail arts, facials and many more. Contact Now!